Vegan Sydney – 20 of the Best Vegan Eateries
Vegan Sydney? It wasn’t too long ago that being vegetarian in a restaurant in Australia meant choosing between spinach cannelloni or vegetable lasagna. Being vegan meant hanging out at the salad bar with maybe a bread roll on the side.
Thankfully modern day Sydney is a much different place to be. With more and more people embracing a
Here are some of our favourites (in no particular order)
- Peace Harmony, 29 King Street, Sydney. Vegetarian Thai food – great value and super friendly. Lots of vegan options.
- Lord of the Fries, 537 George Street, Sydney. (also at Central Station and Parramatta) Burgers, hot dogs, hot chips, homemade sauce, milkshakes – 100% vegan!
- Mother Chu’s Vegetarian Kitchen, 367 Pitt Street, Sydney. Lots of vegan options, great portion sizes and different fake meat options.
- Gigi’s Pizzeria, 239 Darling Street, Balmain. Delicious Italian with vegan starters, pizza and dessert. (Dairy-free Nutella dough-balls anyone?)
- Yulli’s, 417 Crown Street, Surry Hills. Vegetarian Mediterranean restaurant with lots of vegan options.
- The Green Lion, 726 Darling Street, Rozelle. Plant-based pub food. Everything you’d expect from a pub menu from Sydney’s first entirely vegan pub.
- Soul Burger – Glebe, Randwick, Newtown, Parramatta. Four locations across Sydney offering plant-based burgers.
- Yellow, 57 MacLeay Street, Potts Point. Perfect for dinner, with lots of a la carte vegan options. Modern European.
- Pilgrims Cronulla, 97 Gerrale Street, Cronulla. Vegetarian and vegan cafe food since 1980. Don’t miss the Bliss Burger.
- The Golden Lotus, 341 King Street, Newtown. Fully vegan Vietnamese restaurant with rave reviews.
- Govindas, 112 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst. A vege institution for over 40 years, vegetarian and vegan buffet.
- Lentil as Anything, 391 King Street, Newtown. There needs to be a prize for the best-named vegan restaurant! This place would win that. plus awards for delicious vegan fare.
- Gelato Blue, 318 King Street, Newtown. Perfect for after dinner or hot Sydney days, this gelato bar is 100% vegan.
- Kindness Cafe, Darlinghurst. Traditional Thai food that’s kind to the earth and to you.
- Khamsa Cafe, 622 King Street, Newtown. Middle Eastern flavours – 100% vegan
- Vina Vegan, 395 King Street, Newtown. Vietnamese restaurant with lots of mock meat options – try the steamed BBQ pork buns.
- Conscious Feast, 112 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach. 100% plant based vegan burgers and bowls.
- Shift Eatery, 241 Commonwealth Street, Surry Hills. Sydney’s first vegan deli – helping people shift to a plant-based lifestlye.
- Green Gourmet, Newtown and St Leonards. Two locations in Sydney serving Chinese dishes and even homemade tofu ice cream.
- Bad Hombres, 40 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills. Mexican inspired all vegan eatery.
- Bodhi Restaurant, 2/4 College Street, Sydney.
Award winningvegan dining. Great for a special occasion. Open for over 20 years it’s now a vegan insitution.
Please let us know in the comments if we’ve missed your favourite Sydney vegan restaurant off the list.